Hospitals were struggling to cope with the unprecedented demand for their services as a result of Covid-19, with significant restrictions placed on elective care.
Several CCGs and Trusts requested Vantage Health’s support to ensure that patients continued to receive appropriate care during this period. These included:
- Brent CCG
- Ealing CCGs
- Harrow CCG
- Hillingdon Foundation Trust
- Hillingdon CCG
- London NW UHT
Vantage Health worked with GPs, hospital consultants and managers to provide a fully automated platform that allowed patient information to be sent from a GP, directly to an appropriate hospital consultant, with no paper or manual intervention; and to allow for the consultant to offer advice and guidance directly to the correct GP. The service needed to connect over 200 practices with some 400 consultant specialists.
The hospitals and first CCG were live within 6 weeks with all practices. The joint project team was managed by the local CIO, with the support of CCG chairs and the hospital CMOs. There were daily reviews of critical tasks.
Vantage delivered a fast, secure roll out of an advanced cloud based service that included integration with eRS, EMIS, Systm One and hospital PAS and EPR platforms. Bespoke, targeted videos and guides were produced to explain the service to over 1,000 users.
- 70% of patients received appropriate advice and were treated in their homes or at their local surgeries
- 24% of patients were asked to attend a hospital outpatient clinic
- 20,831miles of patient travel were saved from reduced outpatient attendance during the first 3 months
- GPs received advice, or a referral, from a specialist within 1.6 days of a request being made
- Solution removed the need for 20 clerical staff estimated for a manual process